All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe first libraries of complementary DNA (cDNA) clones were con- structed in the mid-to-late 1970s using RNA-dependent DNA polymerase (reverse transcriptase) to convert poly A* mRNA into double-stranded cDNA suitable for insertion into prokaryotic vectors. Since then cDNA techlogy has become a fundamental tool for the molecular biologist and at the same time some very significant advances have occurred in the methods for con- structing and screening cDNA libraries. It is t the aim of cDNA Library Protocols to give a comprehensive review of all cDNA library-based methodologies; instead we present a series of up-to-date protocols that together should give a good grounding of proce- dures associated with the construction and use of cDNA libraries. In deciding what to include, we endeavored to combine up-to-date versions of some of the most widely used protocols with some very usefiil newer techniques. cDNA Library Protocols should therefore be especially useful to the investigator who is new to the use of cDNA libraries, but should also be of value to the more experienced worker. Chapters 1-5 concentrate on cDNA library construction and manipula- tion, Chapters 6 and 7 describe means of cloning difficult-to-obtain ends of cDNAs, Chapters 8-18 give various approaches to the screening of cDNA libraries, and the remaining chapters present methods of analysis of cDNA clones including details of how to analyze cDNA sequence data and how to make use of the wealth of cDNA data emerging from the human geme project.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/08/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight487 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCaroline A. Austin,Ian G. Cowell
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.