All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.16Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe CIUTI FORUM 2009 Translating the Future focused on translation in a world in transition within the context of globalization. Recent political developments seem to be leading to a world society that is polycentric and multipolar. An international system will emerge that will be characterized by a new inter-regionalisation through a large number of interregional arrangements of various forms of ecomic integration projects all over the world. Following the example of the European Union, they will evolve into competing regional entities like ASEAN in Southeast Asia, NAFTA in North America, or MERCOSUR in South America. Confronted with these new geopolitical settings, the CIUTI FORUM 2009 focused on these regions which will probably develop into strong ecomic powers, alongside the United States and the European Union. Owing to this multi-lateralizing inter-regionalism, the exchange of goods, products and services in industry and finance will continue growing exponentially, a fact that correlates with an extremely high demand for foreign language services of all kinds. This increased need has resulted in new challenges and tasks, t only for practicing professional translators and their professional organizations, but also for translation education institutions. Contributions are made in either French or English; special stress is put on the training and intercultural communication with China, taking into account the ecomic and political issues, on which experts focus from an international, interdisciplinary and multifaceted perspective.
- Author BiographyMartin Forstner is University Professor (Dr. phil. habil.) at the Fachbereich Translations-, Sprach- und Kulturwissenschaft of the Johannes Gutenberg- Universitat Mainz. From 1996 to 2006 he was President of CIUTI, since 2006 he is Secretary General of CIUTI. Hannelore Lee-Jahnke is University Professor (Dr. phil.) at the University of Geneva, Chair of the Training Committee of FIT. She is President of CIUTI since 2006. Lidi Wang, PhD, is University Professor and Dean of the Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation of Beijing Foreign Studies University.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication11/05/2011
- Languageeng, fre, ger
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byHannelore Lee-Jahnke,Lidi Wang,Martin Forstner
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.