All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe career development sector is continually evolving in line with changes in society, techlogy and the needs of clients. Maintaining and developing the skills and kwledge to practise effectively in any part of the sector is a cornerstone of professional practice. Yet in straitened times, the funding and time to undertake Continuous Professional Development can be difficult to find. This unique handbook contextualises CPD for the sector, examines why it is important and to whom, offers practical insights on practitioner research and reflective practice and then provides a wealth of information on the many ways in which CPD can be undertaken by both those who are employed and self-employed. With many practical activities, reflection points and case studies throughout, readers will be able to identify their own needs and develop CPD solutions that will support them in developing skills and kwledge to further enhance their own practice. For practitioners who want to own and direct their professional development, this is a must-read guide.
- Author BiographySiobhan Neary is Acting Head of the International Centre for Guidance Studies at the University of Derby, UK. She has a background in the guidance sector which encompasses more than twenty years working as a practitioner, trainer, manager and lecturer. Claire Johnson is the Professional Development Manager at the Career Development Institute, UK. Claire is responsible for all matters relating to the UK Register of Career Development Professionals, professional development, National Occupational Standards: Career Development, the Career Progression Pathway and the CPD Resources Area.
- Author(s)Claire Johnson,Siobhan Neary
- PublisherCrimson Publishing
- Date of Publication14/10/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrotman Publishing
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.