All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete guide to developing high-performance applications with CUDA - written by CUDA development team members, and supported by NVIDIA Breakthrough techniques for using the power of graphics processors to create highperformance general purpose applications. Packed with realistic, C-based examples -- from basic to advanced. Covers one of today's most highly-anticipated new technologies for software development wherever performance is crucial: finance, design automation, science, simulation, graphics, and beyond. NVIDIA graphics processors have immense computational power. With NVIDIA's breakthrough CUDA software platform, that power can be put to work in virtually any type of software development that requires exceptionally high performance, from finance to physics. Now, for the first time, two of NVIDIA's senior CUDA developers thoroughly introduce the platform, and show developers exactly how to make the most of it. CUDA C by Example is the first book on CUDA development for professional programmers - and the only book created with NVIDIA's direct involvement. Concise and practical, it focuses on presenting proven techniques and concrete example code for building high-performance parallelized CUDA programs with C. Programmers familiar with C will need no other skills or experience to get started - making high-performance programming more accessible than it's ever been before.
- Author BiographyJason Sanders is a senior software engineer in the CUDA Platform group at NVIDIA. While at NVIDIA, he helped develop early releases of CUDA system software and contributed to the OpenCL 1.0 Specification, an industry standard for heterogeneous computing. Jason received his master's degree in computer science from the University of California Berkeley where he published research in GPU computing, and he holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Princeton University. Prior to joining NVIDIA, he previously held positions at ATI Technologies, Apple, and Novell. When he's not writing books, Jason is typically working out, playing soccer, or shooting photos. Edward Kandrot is a senior software engineer on the CUDA Algorithms team at NVIDIA. He has more than twenty years of industry experience focused on optimizing code and improving performance, including for Photoshop and Mozilla. Kandrot has worked for Adobe, Microsoft, and Google, and he has been a consultant at many companies, including Apple and Autodesk. When not coding, he can be found playing World of Warcraft or visiting Las Vegas for the amazing food.
- Author(s)Edward Kandrot,Jason Sanders
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/07/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width190 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.