All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionFirst-person narrative does t always fall under the genre of autobiography. In the centuries before the genre was defined, authors often patterned their personal narratives after prestigious discourses, such as hagiography, historiography, and the literary miscellany. Caballero ble desbaratado: AutobiografA-a e invenciA3n en el siglo XVI [Noble Knight Disrupted: Autobiography and Invention in the Sixteenth Century] analyzes several first-person narratives from Spain and the conditions of their writing and reception. It focuses on the sixteenth-century Libro de la vida y costumbres [Book of life and customs] by Alonso EnrA-quez de GuzmAn (1499 1547), the knight of the title. The study also examines the influence of other writers and the vitality of lyric poetry on both sides of the Atlantic. Although the Biblioteca de Autores EspaAoles has devoted a volume to EnrA-quez de GuzmAn, there has never been a book-length study dedicated to this author. This book fills that gap and constitutes a valuable contribution to the study of autobiography in Spanish.
- Author BiographyJosA(c) Luis GastaAaga Ponce de LeA3n, Villanova University, has published essays on early modern Spanish literature and Latin American colonial historiography. Currently he is working on La Celestina and early forms of the novel.
- Author(s)Jose Luis Gastanaga-Ponce de Leon
- PublisherPurdue University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePurdue Studies in Romance Literatures
- Place of PublicationWest Lafayette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPurdue University Press
- Weight369 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.