All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionConceived and curated by Thierry W. Despont, Le Cabinet de Curiosites was a unique installation in which contemporary art converged with antiques to create a setting both old-world and otherworldly. An immersive environment of antiquities interspersed with Malo Valdes's trompe l'oeil sculptures and Claudio Bravo's hyperrealist paintings, plus Despont's Nebula paintings of imaginary celestial orbs and his fantastical sculptural creatures assembled from found objects and tools, all combined to create a multisensory experience evoking a sense of wonder and fantasy.
- Author BiographyThierry W Despont is an architect, designer, and artist who has worked on many high-profile projects, including the Statue of Liberty, the Frick family mansion, and the J. Paul Getty Museum. Born and raised in France, Despont is a graduate of the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts, holds a masters degree in urban design and city planning from Harvard University, and is a chevalier of the French Legion of Honor and of the Arts and Letters. His artwork has been seen in numerous solo and group exhibitions in New York, Paris, London, Monaco, Buenos Aires, Istanbul, and Venice. Despont has written several books, including Masks, Studio, Insects, and Planets, published by Assouline. Fred A. Bernstein studied architecture at Princeton University and law at NYU, and writes regularly about both subjects. He has been published in Departures, The New York Times, and Architectural Digest, amongst others. He resides in NewYork City. Laziz Hamani has worked for clients including Harry Winston, Dior, and Tag Heuer, and has contributed to books including The Grand Bazaar Istanbul, Antiquaires: Flea Markets of Paris; Axel Vervoordt: The Story of a Style; Le Tresor de Saint-Denis; and all the titles in Assouline's Symbols of Religion series.
- Author(s)Thierry W. Despont
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note60 illustrations
- Weight2699 g
- Width343 mm
- Height424 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.