All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionDestined to become one of the most influential postwar armoured cars, the V100 Commando was developed by the Cadillac Gage Company in 1962 as a private venture and the first prototype was completed in the same year. It was designed as a multi-purpose vehicle and could function as an 11-man personnel carrier, reconnaissance vehicle, convoy escort, command or patrol car and a riot vehicle. The V100 was tested and evaluated in Vietnam before full-scale production began in 1964. It saw widespread use in Vietnam by both US and South Vietnamese forces. This title describes the design, development and operational use of the V100 Commando, including its continued deployment around the world.
- Author BiographyRICHARD LATHROP was born in 1967, received his BA in History from Glassboro State College. He has always had an interest in military subjects and enjoys collecting and restoring military vehicles. He is married and lives in New Jersey. JOHN McDONALD has worked for more than 24 years in the production and maintenance of combat vehicles and their weapon systems. His experience includes thirteen years as a Worldwide Armored Vehicle Consultant and Overseas Co-production Manager. He has also conducted numerous operator, tactical and maintenance training classes for the US military. This is his first book for Osprey. Peter Sarson has produced graphic cutaways for many armoured vehicle publications, and is regarded as one of the world's great illustrators of military vehicles. Peter lives and works in Dorset.
- Author(s)John McDonald,Richard Lathrop
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/05/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.52
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w and 7 colour illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Sarson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.