Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionCafe Indiana is both a guide to Indiana's hometown mom-and-pop restaurants and a reclamation and celebration of small-town Midwest culture. The hungry diner looking for adventure and authenticity can use Cafe Indiana simply as a guide to the state's quintessential eats: the best fiddlers, macaroni and cheese, soup beans, and beef Manhattan. But Stuttgen also captures the spirit of the locals, bringing to life the people whose stories give the book - and the food - its soul. Over plates of chicken and odles, fried bologna sandwiches, and sugar cream pie, folks are crafting community at the Main Street eatery. In Cafe Indiana , Hoosiers and out-of-staters alike are invited to pull out a chair and sit a spell.
- Author BiographyJoanne Raetz Stuttgen is a folklorist who has lived in Martinsville, Indiana, since 1990. She is the author of Cafe Wisconsin and Cafe Wisconsin Cookbook (with Terese Allen), both published by the University of Wisconsin Press. She would like you to know that she is well within the recommended weight range for her age and height.
- Author(s)Joanne Raetz Stuttgen
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Place of PublicationMadison
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTerrace Books
- Content Note7 maps
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.