All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionRick Hess aptly describes his aims at the start of this provocative book: 'I believe that two things are true. It is true, as would-be reformers often argue, that statutes, policies, rules, regulations, contracts, and case law make it tougher than it should be for school and system leaders to drive improvement and, well, lead. However, it is also the case that leaders have far more freedom to transform, reimagine, and invigorate teaching, learning, and schooling than is widely believed.' In his travels across the country, Hess has met school and system leaders who have shared stories about evading, blasting through, or reshaping unnecessary and counterproductive constraints. Drawing on these stories and with his sharp eye, Hess shows current and aspiring leaders how they can cultivate and sustain powerful cultures of teaching and learning. A practical and entertaining volume, Cage-Busting Leadership will be of profound interest and value to school and district leaders and to everyone with a stake in school improvement.
- Author BiographyFrederick M. Hess is resident scholar and director of education policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute and teaches aspiring educational leaders at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education and the Rice University Jones School of Business. He is the editor of the Harvard Education Press Educational Innovations Series, author of the popular Education Week blog Rick Hess Straight Up , and editor of influential volumes including Stretching the School Dollar and When Research Matters.
- Author(s)Frederick M. Hess
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.