Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionCajal and De Castro's Neurohistological Methods provides the first English translation of Fernando de Castro's 1933 publication Elementos de Tecnica Micrografica del Sistema Nervioso . A student of the famed founder of modern neuroscience, with Santiago Ramon y Cajal also serving as the Editor of the original text, Fernando de Castro recorded all the various protocols that had been used in his laboratory by his students in order to provide a manual of histological procedures specifically designed for the fine structure of the nervous system. This rewned text is virtually unkwn in its original form outside the Spanish-speaking world. In a text that reads like a mix between a recipe book and an alchemical manuscript, authors Miguel Merchan, Javier DeFelipe, and Fernando de Castro (descendant of the 1933 publication's author) put the new translation into historical context. This book is also beautifully illustrated with plates of histological techniques, provides a quick guide to new vocabulary, and the author's tes on the translated text. This pivotal work of classic neurohistological techniques is a wonderful addition to the Cajal library.
- Author BiographyMiguel A. Merhcan is a Professor of Histology at the University of Salamanca in Spain. Javier De Felipe is Profesor de Investigacion at the Instituto Cajal (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas) and Centro de Tecnologia Biomedica in Madrid, Spain. Fernando de Castro is a member of the Instituto Cajal, Grupo de Neurobiologia del Desarrollo-GNDe and Instituto Cajal (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas) in Madrid, Spain.
- Author(s)Fernando De Castro,Javier De Felipe,Miguel A. Merchan
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width167 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.