All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionCombining two previously published books, CREATE WITH CRIMPER WORK and BRUSH EMBROIDERY, this book whets the cake decorator's appetite with clear instructions and both formal and fun designs. It encourages you to be creative and make your own imaginative designs with these beautiful and fascinating techniques. A covering of rolled fondant gives a wonderfully smooth, satin like finish to a cake which offers a perfect base for delicate lacework, finely molded flowers and fine embroidery. Decorative designs can be made using crimp work, a technique using tweezer-like crimpers to pinch or crimp the fondant into raised patterns. Brush Embroidery is an Australian technique in which designs are piped on the cake and then smoothed with a damp paintbrush to give a semblance of embroidery. It is an ideal method for duplicating the lace of a bride's dress on a wedding cake and looks exquisite white on white. However, it shows up more effectively where there is a contrast between cake colour and embroidery, e.g., white on a coloured background or on glass. Lace and embroidery patterns provide a wealth of beautiful designs to choose from.
- Author(s)Joan McDaniel
- Date of Publication29/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.