Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.03+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionWarren Brown wants you to bake your cake and eat it too. And he wants you to conquer your fear of flour and learn to love every step of cake bakingincluding, of course, the step in which you present your made-from-scratch masterpiece to bedazzled, hungry-eyed family and friends. (Not to mention the moment when you yourself get to sample a slice of that lovingly crafted creation.) For Brown, love and baking are inseparable. After all, he abandoned an unrewarding career in law to do the workbaking cakes!that he finds truly emotionally satisfying. Every page of <i>CakeLove</i> communicates that satisfaction, as well as Brown s can-do approach to the art of baking. As he asserts, baking cakes isn t a cakewalk, but it s t rocket science, eitherand getting it right isn t nearly as hard as you think. Pound cakes, butter cakes, sponge cakes, cupcakes. Glazes, frostings, fillings, meringues. Brown provides all the basics on ingredients, equipment, and techniques, as well as recipes for more than 50 cakes that range from the classic (Chocolate Butter Cake) to the adventurous ( Sassy, a pound cake made with mango puree and cayenne pepper). The informative step-by-step shots make you want to run to the kitchen and start baking, and the scrumptious color photos of completed cakes look good eugh to sink your teeth into.
- Author BiographyWarren Brown has a bachelor s degree from Brown University, and a J.D. and master s degree from The George Washington University. After establishing a career in health education and law, he realized his calling was in the kitchen and starting baking. In 2002 he opened his bakery, CakeLove, and LoveCafe followed in 2003. He lives in Washington, D.C. Renee Comet is a noted photographer who specializes in food and still-life photography. A cook herself, Comet has a particular passion for cookbooks and has photographed more than 30, including <i>The Artful Pie</i> and <i>The Joy of Cooking</i>. She is also a regular contributor to <i>Vegetarian Times, Food Arts</i>, and <i>The Washington Post</i>.
- Author(s)Warren Brown
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, bw illustrations, tt illustrations, 50 colour photographs, bw photographs, 50 tt photographs
- Weight1340 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Photographs byRenee Comet
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.