Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionAs one of the most abundant minerals, calcium carbonate (CaCO3) has great significance in both geological and biological systems. Of the six calcium carbonate polymorphs, calcite is the most stable one thermodynamically, which has attracted much attention due to its considerable industrial importance and abundant diversity as a biomineral. This book presents topical research in the study of the formation, properties and applications of calcite, including CaCO3 crystallisation in the presence of biomacromolecules; the archaeological significance of calcite; surface properties of calcite in aqueous suspensions; calcite growth in a simulated cooling water environment and calcite in the skeletons of annelids.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJoana Dobrev,Petra Markovic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.