Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionAn ermous amount of research effort has been directed toward elucidating the mechanism by which substances are extruded from cells; and reviews have been written and symposia held in order to systematize the plethora of evidence made available. However, the approaches employed to study the secretory process have been so diverse that it is difficult, if t impossible, for one individual or even a group of individuals to keep abreast of all aspects of the field and to analyze them critically. Thus I undertook the writing of this volume with a great deal of trepidation. In searching for some starting point, I naturally considered as my primary focus the role of calcium in the secretory process, which has occupied my research interests for the past 13 years. But since so much experimentation has been carried out on this and related topics during the last decade or two, I felt it was still necessary to visualize this venture from two alternative ap- proaches: (1) a more general one, which would cover the subject of calcium and the secretory process from a broad perspective, but of course t in great detail, and (2) a more specific one, restricting coverage to carefully defined limits but with comprehensive analysis of limited topics. The final course undertaken appears to lie somewhere between these two extremes.
- Author(s)Ronald Rubin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/08/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight306 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.