Calculus and its Applications by Scott J. Surgent, David J. Ellenbogen, Marvin L. Bittinger (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $302.36+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMathLab does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMathLab, search for: 013379556X / 9780133795561 Calculus And Its Applications Plus MyMathLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0321431308 / 9780321431301 MyMathLab -- Glue-in Access Card 0321654064 / 9780321654069 MyMathLab Inside Star Sticker 0321979397 / 9780321979391 Calculus And Its Applications MyMathLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Calculus and Its Applications, Eleventh Edition, remains a best-selling text because of its accessible presentation that anticipates student needs. The writing style is ideal for today's students, providing intuitive explanations that work with the carefully crafted artwork to help them visualize new calculus concepts. Additionally, the text's numerous and up-to-date applications from business, ecomics, life sciences, and social sciences help motivate students. Algebra diagstic and review material is available for those who need to strengthen basic skills. Every aspect of this revision is designed to motivate and help students to more readily understand and apply the mathematics.
- Author BiographyMarvin Bittinger has been teaching math at the university level for more than thirty-eight years. Since 1968, he has been employed at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, and is now professor emeritus of mathematics education. Professor Bittinger has authored over 190 publications on topics ranging from basic mathematics to algebra and trigonometry to applied calculus. He received his BA in mathematics from Manchester College and his PhD in mathematics education from Purdue University. Special honors include Distinguished Visiting Professor at the United States Air Force Academy and his election to the Manchester College Board of Trustees from 1992 to 1999. His hobbies include hiking in Utah, baseball, golf, and bowling. Professor Bittinger has also had the privilege of speaking at many mathematics conventions, most recently giving a lecture entitled Baseball and Mathematics. In addition, he also has an interest in philosophy and theology, in particular, apologetics. Professor Bittinger currently lives in Carmel, Indiana, with his wife, Elaine. He has two grown and married sons, Lowell and Chris, and four granddaughters. David Ellenbogen has taught math at the college level for twenty-two years, spending most of that time in the Massachusetts and Vermont community college systems, where he has served on both curriculum and developmental math committees. He has also taught at St. Michael's College and the University of Vermont. Professor Ellenbogen has been active in the Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges since 1985, having served on its Developmental Mathematics Committee and as a delegate, and has been a member of the Mathematical Association of America since 1979. He has authored dozens of publications on topics ranging from prealgebra to calculus and has delivered lectures at numerous conferences on the use of language in mathematics. Professor Ellenbogen received his BA in mathematics from Bates College and his MA in community college mathematics education from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. A cofounder of the Colchester Vermont Recycling Program, Professor Ellenbogen has a deep love for the environment and the outdoors, especially in his home state of Vermont. In his spare time, he enjoys playing keyboard in the band Soularium, volunteering as a community mentor, hiking, biking, and skiing. He has two sons, Monroe and Zack. Scott Surgent received his B.S. and M.S. degrees in mathematics from the University of California-Riverside, and has taught mathematics at Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, since 1994. He is an avid sports fan and has authored books on hockey, baseball, and hiking. Scott enjoys hiking and climbing the mountains of the western United States. He was active in search and rescue, including six years as an Emergency Medical Technician with the Central Arizona Mountain Rescue Association (Maricopa County Sheriff's Office) from 1998 until 2004. Scott and his wife, Beth, live in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Author(s)David J. Ellenbogen,Marvin L. Bittinger,Scott J. Surgent
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date19/05/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1442 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.