Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionCalculus with Vectors grew out of a strong need for a beginning calculus textbook for undergraduates who intend to pursue careers in STEM fields. The approach introduces vector-valued functions from the start, emphasizing the connections between one-variable and multi-variable calculus. The text includes early vectors and early transcendentals and includes a rigorous but informal approach to vectors. Examples and focused applications are well presented along with an abundance of motivating exercises. The approaches taken to topics such as the derivation of the derivatives of sine and cosine, the approach to limits and the use of tables of integration have been modified from the standards seen in other textbooks in order to maximize the ease with which students may comprehend the material. Additionally, the material presented is intentionally n-specific to any software or hardware platform in order to accommodate the wide variety and rapid evolution of tools used. Techlogy is referenced in the text and is required for a good number of problems.
- Author BiographyJay Treiman is a Professor of Mathematics at Western Michigan University.
- Author(s)Jay S. Treiman
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 250 colour illustrations, 25 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1034 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.