All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionHigh fashion clothing designers from California produced stunning wardrobes for Hollywood stars that were trend-setting styles in the mid-20th century. Adrian, Irene, Helen Rose, Jean Louis, and William Travilla trained in the costume departments of the movie studios before they opened their own salons. Others, such as James Galas, Rudi Gernreich, and Adolf Schuman (who founded the Lilli Ann company) chose to work their fashion magic in California. Both groups made original styles that influenced fashion around the world. Here hundreds of color photos present clothing designed by these giants of the industry that is still available to today's collectors. A helpful price guide is included to aid collectors and costumers alike. Live models and vintage photographs, original designer sketches and advertisements show the originality and diversity of these American fashions that became immediately popular in the ready-to-wear market.
- Author BiographyMaureen Reilly is a lawyer in California and a fashion fanatic who has also written Swing Style, Hot Shoes, and Collectible Women's Hats of the 20th Century.
- Author(s)Maureen Reilly
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/1999
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Notehundreds of color photos
- Weight1730 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.