Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis interesting book uses plate tectonics as its central theme; it acquaints readers with California geology. Basic principles in the beginning of the book and tables of highlights for each province enable the reader to understand the whole picture of catastrophic national disasters, California history, mining methods, and societal impacts; it brings the lessons of geology closer to the everyday context of California life. After a comprehensive overview of the basic principles of geology, this book then focuses on the geological highlights of California (young volcaes, deserts, the Mojave Desert, the Sierra Nevada, the Klamath Mountains, water, the Great Valley, the coast Ranges, earthquakes, faults, and seismic safety, the transverse ranges, and the peninsular ranges). The inside back and front covers of the book contain a wealth of readily available information, with comprehensive geologic, fault, relief, and mountain range maps. A handy desk reference for geologists, this book is also a source of information for anyone interested in the evolution of California's terrain.
- Author BiographyDeborah R. Harden is a Professor in the Department of Geology at San Jose State University, where she teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in California geology and Earth-surface processes. Her particular interests are in landscape-forming processes, rivers, the effects of faults on streams, human impacts on watersheds, and California geology. Before coming to San Jose State University, Dr. Harden worked as a geologist for a private engineering consulting firm and as a hydrologist for the U.S. Geological Survey. She has a Ph.D. from the University of Colorado and B.S. and M.S. degrees from Stanford University, all in geology. Dr. Harden has had the privilege and opportunity of visiting and studying geology and landscapes in many parts of the world, both professionally and with her family.
- Author(s)Deborah Harden
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication04/11/2003
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date25/10/2007
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps (some col.)
- Weight1000 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.