All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe mid-century houses of architect Edward H. Fickett are coveted today, were ubiquitous during their time, and have always demonstrated a presciently deep understanding of the use of indigeus, cost-efficient materials and the integration of interior space with Southern California's Mediterranean climate. These ingredients, plus his creativity and visionary ideas, added up to perhaps the single most impressive brand of mid-twentieth-century American architecture and design. Fickett was also recognized because he and his designs were so profoundly in sync with Los Angeles's ascendance from second city into one of the world's great metropolises with invative postwar tract houses, glamorous garden apartments in Hollywood in the 1950s, and ambitious houses in Beverly Hills, Brentwood, and Malibu spanning from the end of the 1950s through the 1970s.
- Author BiographyRichard Rapaport is a San Francisco-based writer who has written extensively on architecture, government, planning, art, and technology. He is currently completing a biography of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Author(s)Richard Rapaport
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note250 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight1665 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.