All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImagine a Hollywood encounter between Helen Keller and Frida Kahlo, two female icons of disability. Or the story of Moby Dick, or, The Leg, told from Ahab's perspective. What if Vincent Van Gogh resided in a twentieth-century New York hotel, surviving on food stamps and direct communications with God? Or if the dwarf pictured in a seventeenth-century painting by Velazquez should tell her story? And, finally, imagine the encounter between David and Goliath from the Philistine's point of view. These are the characters who people history and myth as counterpoints to the rmal. And they are also the characters who populate Anne Finger's remarkable short stories. Affecting but never sentimental, ironic but never cynical, these wonderfully rich and comic tales reimagine life beyond the margins of rmality.
- Author BiographyAnne Finger has taught creative writing at Wayne State University in Detroit and at the University of Texas at Austin. She is the author of several books, including Bone Truth: A Novel; Basic Skills: A Short Story Collection; and the memoir Elegy for a Disease: A Personal and Cultural History of Polio.
- Author(s)Anne Finger
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitlePrairie Schooner Book Prize in Fiction
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Weight250 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5487 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.55Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.