All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.52
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
About this product
- DescriptionA new vel from the award-winning author of AN ISLAND LIKE YOU, winner of the Pura Belpre Award. Maria is a girl caught between two worlds: Puerto Rico, where she was born, and New York, where she w lives in a basement apartment in the barrio. While her mother remains on the island, Maria lives with her father, the super of their building. As she struggles to lose her island accent, Maria does her best to find her place within the unfamiliar culture of the barrio. Finally, with the Spanglish of the barrio people ringing in her ears, she finds the poet within herself. In lush prose and spare, evocative poetry, Cofer weaves a powerful vel, bursting with life and hope.
- Author BiographyJudith Ortiz Cofer is an award-winning author known for her stories about coming-of-age experiences in the barrio and her writings about the cultural conflicts of immigrants. She is the author of many distinguished titles for young adults such as, CALL ME MARIA, THE MEANING OF CONSEULO, SILENT DANCING: A PARTIAL REMEMBERANCE OD A PUERTO RICAN CHILDHOOD, and THE LINE IN THE SUN. She lives in Georgia where she is the Regents and Franklin Professor of English and Creative Writing at the University of Georgia.
- Author(s)Judith Ortiz Cofer
- PublisherScholastic Paperbacks
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Paperbacks
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.