All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a report on the problems associated with incarceration, the treatment of prisoners and their return to society. The American Friends Service Committee convened a National Commission on Crime and Justice in 1990; this report came from this blue ribbon group.
- Author BiographyLinda M. Thurston A Call to Action Linda M. Thurston brings to RESIST 30 years experience in peace, social justice and human rights movements. Linda has worked as Fundraising Coordinator at the Brecht Forum, Program Officer at the Funding Exchange and Education and Communications Coordinator at the Center for Constitutional Rights. She served as the Director of Amnesty International's Program to Abolish the Death Penalty and National Director of the American Friends Service Committee Criminal Justice Program. Linda has worked with Critical Resistance in New York and New Orleans and with the campaign to free death-row political prisoner Mumia Abu Jamal. A key part of her work against war, the death penalty and the prison industrial complex is finding ways to make new technologies serve social justice organizing.
- Author(s)Linda M. Thurston
- PublisherThird World Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/06/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThird World Press,U.S.
- Weight141 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.