All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText, loose-leaf version and the Video Analysis Tool in MediaShare for Introduction to Teaching. This important first edition tackles the immediate issues affecting education. Dr Lynch provides context for those issues with coverage of foundational concepts, and goes on to help prospective teachers understand the demands and opportunities involved in this profession: multicultural classrooms, techlogy and teaching, the achievement gap, school reform. Finally, he outlines the steps they can take to move forward on their career path. Interactive features offer survival tips, consider professional conundrums, highlight important teacher dispositions, and listen in as teachers talk about the issues they face in the classroom. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, video analysis exercises, and assessments. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later. Teach students how to effectively observe and analyze teaching with the Video Analysis Tool in MediaShare The Video Analysis Tool in MediaShare provides a simple, easy way to help teacher candidates build the observation and analysis skills they'll need to be successful educators. Video cases featuring authentic classroom video clips, rubrics, and antation tools guide and scaffold students in their analysis of key theories, strategies, and techniques. Learn more at pearsonhighered.com/vat.
- Author BiographyAs a professor of education, I am, first and foremost, committed to developing outstanding K-12 teachers. That's because I believe that highly qualified and passionate educators are the best instruments to improve education in K-12 settings. I am a Chair and Associate Professor of Education at Langston University, and I spent seven years as a K-12 teacher -- an experience that gave me an intimate view of the challenges facing genuine education reform. With that experience behind me, I've focused the second stage of my career on researching topics related to education reform, the achievement gap, and teacher education. What I've found is that improving teacher education is an essential component in closing the achievement gap. My articles and op eds appear regularly in the Huffington Post, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, Education Week, and Education World. I've also written numerous peer- reviewed articles, which have appeared in academic journals such as AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, International Journal of Progressive Education, Academic Leadership Journal, and others. In addition, I've authored and edited a number of books on school reform and school leadership. Please visit my website at www.drmattlynch.com for more information.
- Author(s)Matthew Lynch
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight857 g
- Contained items statementContains Book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.