All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the teachings and guidance of Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, this book touches upon the evolution of Judaism and offers invative methods for raising our voices, thoughts, and footsteps in praise of the living God. Whether you pray in a house of worship or at the dinner table, in times of crisis or in quiet peaceful moments, the sacred phrases and ideas in this book offer a fresh perspective on the spiritual landscape. Engaging with these practices, or using them as inspiration to create your own, will offer new possibilities for enriching your faith journey.
- Author BiographyRabbi Pamela Frydman is the founder and Director of the Holocaust Education Project of the Academy for Jewish Religion in California. She was the founding rabbi of Or Shalom Jewish Community of San Francisco, now a Reconstructionist congregation. She was a co-founder of OHALAH, the international association of Jewish Renewal rabbis and cantors, and the first woman to serve as its president. She also served on the Academic Board of the ALEPH Ordination Program. Rabbi Pam was a co-founder and serves on the Rabbinic Advisory Council of Shalom Bayit, Jewish Women Working to End Domestic Violence. She organized and co-chaired Rabbis for Women of the Wall, a campaign to raise consciousness about women's rights at the Kotel (the Western Wall in Jerusalem), and served as co-organizer of Women of the Wall's Legal and Education Fund. She organized and, together with 59 rabbinic colleagues, co-chaired one of the many campaigns to free Gilad Shalit. She received a bachelor's degree in linguistics and psychology from Tel Aviv University and rabbinic ordination from B'nai Or Religious Fellowship, predecessor to the ALEPH Ordination Program of the Jewish Renewal Movement. Prior to entering the rabbinate, she studied Sufism, Buddhism and Theosophy. She served as a spiritual teacher in Sufi Ruhaniat International, a leader of the Dances of Universal Peace and a Board member of the San Francisco Lodge of the Theosophical Society. Along with her universal spiritual pursuits, she served as a founding member and leader of the Aquarian Minyan of Berkeley.
- Author(s)Pamela Frydman
- PublisherWid Earth Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWid Earth Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.