All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>One of the world s foremost parenting experts offers a revolutionary guide for translating a crying baby s urgent messages.</b></p>Like many new parents, Priscilla Dunstan was at her wit s end trying to ease the crying of her colicky infant son. Then she made a startling discovery: His sounds varied according to his needs, and she could decipher their meaning by tracking the sound as a physical reflex. Unlike learned languages, Dunstan soon realized, every newborn from birth to three months possesses a natural, reflexive communication system for signaling hunger, tiredness, the need to burp, lower gas, and general discomfort. Thirteen years of research culminated in the Dunstan Baby Language, w made available to all caregivers in <i>Calm the Crying</i>.</p>Helping readers learn to recognize and respond to exactly what their baby needs, Dunstan sremarkable program covers ten sounds in total that can be identified and used to calm a baby. Brimming with diagrams and photographs, <i>Calm the Crying</i> reduces the frustration of wasted time spent addressing the wrong needs. A baby s cries are a powerful form of communication w made even more powerful because the message can be understood loud and clear.
- Author BiographyPriscilla Dunstan founded her internationally acclaimed parenting and family clinic, the Priscilla Dunstan Research Center in Sydney. Her research has been widely featured in the media, from <i>The Oprah Winfrey Show</i> to <i>Today</i>. Also the author of <i>Child Sense</i>, she now lives in the United States with her son and continues to do research worldwide.
- Author(s)Priscilla Dunstan
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvery Publishing Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight249 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.