All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionArchitects, authors, and photographers different viewpoints on a dense and complex building in Paris s 20th arrondissement. Located just above the city s eight-lane ring road, this calm block was recently completed by Parisian architecture firms Chartier Dalix and Avenier Cornejo, which combines a kindergarten with 240 studio apartments for young workers in a rapidly changing neighbourhood. The photographer Myr Muratet, who spent several weeks living there, offers us an authentic reportage of the building s appropriation by its new inhabitants a portrait of what happens once the architects have packed up and gone home. Its users behaviour, habits, and adaptations confirm or subvert the designers intentions. As the building weighs anchor in its neighbourhood, t only does the alchemy of this process resonate in the immediate surroundings, but also further afield, in the wake of individual users destinies. Inquisitive visitor Sebastien Marot sets sail on an urban and architectural cruise, exploring the physical, social, and historical flux that is the undercurrent of this built reality.
- Author(s)Sebastien Marot
- PublisherActarD Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintActarD Inc.
- Edited byRicardo Devesa
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.