All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionIs Calvinism Biblical? This question has been asked for centuries. Does God select those to be saved in some mysterious way or do we have some say in our ultimate destiny? How did sin enter the world? Is God responsible for sin or is the blame entirely on mankind? These questions are discussed in detail with numerous Scriptural references on both sides of these issues. Dave Crenshaw, a Presbyterian minister, gives the arguments for Calvinism while Gordon Lunsford, a Church of Christ/Christian Church minister, presents the opposing view. The first part of this work consists of a series of letters between Mr. Crenshaw and Mr. Lunsford discussing their understanding of these subjects with many references to specific Bible passages. Specific topics/Bible verses are then presented with Mr. Crenshaw's explanation and Mr. Lunsford's response. The final section consists of quotations from the Church Fathers before the time of St. Augustine. Included are passages from Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Clement of Rome and others. Anyone interested in the debate between free will and predestination should find this book interesting.
- Author BiographyMr. Lunsford is a graduate of Kentucky Christian University, Grayson, Ky. and also attended Marshall University, Huntington, WV. He has served as Pastor of several churches while also working for the Social Security Administration for 38 years. He is now retired and living in Lillian, AL with his wife, Connie. They have 4 children and 7 grandchildren. Major interests are Church History, travel, and science.
- Author(s)MR Gordon G Lunsford
- Date of Publication13/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.