All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis book sheds new light on the origin of Calvinism and the Reformed faith through a detailed history of its progress in the Pays de Vaud. A careful examination of twin conflicts - the forced conversion of a Catholic populace to Protestantism by the Bernese; and the struggle of Calvinists against the Zwinglian political and theological ideas that dominated the Swiss Confederation - helps show why the Reformation bloomed where and when it did.
- Author(s)Michael W. Bruening
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/12/2005
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleStudies in Early Modern Religious Tradition, Culture and Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight603 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.