All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThese forty-six letters and writings of John Calvin, translated into English, demonstrate how Calvin applied the theology of the Institutes and the biblical exegesis of his commentaries to issues of everyday life. Here, Calvin gives advice to individuals and groups about theology, ethics, worship, politics, ecomics, and church practices. Topics discussed include dogmatics and polemics, changes (and the need for changes) in religion, the worship of images, ecclesiastical discipline, marriage, and justice. Each writing is introduced by an identification of the receiver of the advice and an explanation of the subject matter itself. This volume is useful for understanding Calvin's theology and its application to Christian life.
- Author BiographyJohn Calvin (1509-1564) was a major theologian of the Reformation period. He is known especially for his highly influential theological work, Institutes of the Christian Religion.
- Author(s)Benjamin Wirt Farley,Jean Calvin,Mary D. Beaty
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/1991
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight284 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.