All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Handbook of Engineering Education Research is the critical reference source for the growing field of engineering education research, featuring the work of world luminaries writing to define and inform this emerging field. The Handbook draws extensively on contemporary research in the learning sciences, examining how techlogy affects learners and learning environments, and the role of social context in learning. Since a landmark issue of the Journal of Engineering Education (2005), in which senior scholars argued for a stronger theoretical and empirically driven agenda, engineering education has quickly emerged as a research-driven field increasing in both theoretical and empirical work drawing on many social science disciplines, disciplinary engineering kwledge, and computing. The Handbook is based on the research agenda from a series of interdisciplinary colloquia funded by the US National Science Foundation and published in the Journal of Engineering Education in October 2006.
- Author BiographyAditya Johri is an Assistant Professor of Engineering Education at Virginia Tech and Director of toolsLAB (Technology, Open Organizing and Learning Sciences Laboratory). His current projects focus on engineering learning, shifts in engineering work practices due to globalization and technology diffusion, and emergence of creativity in design practice. He was recently awarded the National Science Foundation Early Career Award and was a CASEE New Faculty Fellow (2008). He also received the Virginia Tech College of Engineering Dean's Award for Outstanding New Assistant Professor (2010). Barbara M. Olds is Senior Advisor in the Directorate for Education and Human Resources at the US National Science Foundation (NSF) and Professor Emerita of Liberal Arts and International Studies at the Colorado School of Mines, where she most recently served as Associate Provost for Educational Innovation. She served as the Director for the Division of Research, Evaluation, and Communication at NSF from 2003 to 2006. Olds is a fellow of the American Society for Engineering Education, where she has served in a number of capacities, including a term on the Board of Directors and as Chair of the International Advisory Committee. She was also a member of the Advisory Committee for the NSF's Office of International Science and Engineering and chaired the Committee of Visitors for that program in 2008. She was a Fulbright lecturer/researcher in Sweden in 1999.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/02/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note63 b/w illus. 46 tables
- Weight1580 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byAditya Johri,Barbara M. Olds
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.