Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionLittle did Nancy Jones suspect what lay ahead for her when she thought that pasteurising milk in Mauritania would be a good idea. Her dream dairy just had to overcome a few mir hurdles: there were cows in the desert, only restless camels; Mauritanians loved raw milk but regarded local industry with mistrust; there was trained manpower; the technical environment was almost nexistent; importers ruled the market - and she was a woman. Nancy Abeiderrahmane, as she became, wandered into a twenty-year-long adventure that would earn her a Rolex Award and a few medals, and more importantly offer her a unique experience of the pitfalls and transformations that lie on the rocky road to Development.
- Author BiographyNancy M. Jones, MBE, was born in the UK and grew up in Spain, where she studied engineering. In France she fell in love with a Mauritanian, got married and went to live in his brand new desert country. Eighteen years and four children later she rather unwittingly set up a dairy to pasteurise camel milk, an adventure that kept her very busy for the following twenty years.
- Author(s)Nancy Jones Abeiderrahmane
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.