All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collection of essays, Amsterdam art historian and critic Camiel van Winkel digs up the conceptual roots of contemporary art, design and photography to argue that the art of today is, as a whole, post-conceptual. Focusing on the conceptual artists of the years 1965-1975, van Winkel examines how the art of that era continues to inform the art world today. Highly polemical and very readable, During the Exhibition the Gallery Will Be Closed looks at the cultural dominance of information in art discourse, the professionalization of artistic practices, the debate over good design in art and the role institutions play in art theory. It is an essential collection for any understanding of that idea, belief and desire we today call the artist.
- Author(s)Camiel van Winkel
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight567 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.