All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this phantasmagorical play, the Cami Real is a dead end, a police state in a vaguely Latin American country, and an inescapable condition. Characters from history and literature-Don Quixote, Casava, Camille, Lord Byron-inhabit a place where corruption and indifference have immobilized and nearly destroyed the human spirit. Then, into this netherworld, the archetypal Kilroy arrives-a sailor and all-American guy with a heart as big as the head of baby. Celebrated American playwright John Guare has written an illuminative Introduction for this edition. Also included are Williams' original Foreword and Afterword to the play, the one-act play Ten Blocks on the Cami Real, plus an essay by ted Tennessee Williams scholar Michael Paller.
- Author BiographyTennessee Williams (1911-1983) is the acclaimed author of many books of letters, short stories, poems, essays, and a large collection of plays, including The Glass Menagerie, A Streetcar Named Desire, Camino Real, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Orpheus Descending, The Night of the Iguana, and The Rose Tattoo.
- Author(s)Tennessee Williams
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication22/06/2010
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight220 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byJohn Guare
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.