All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe term camouflage only came into widespread use during the First World War, and the specialist camouflage units developed by the combatants at the time put the bulk of their efforts into the concealment of artillery, vehicles, observation posts and bunkers. It was t until the Second World War that all major combatant nations issued camouflage uniforms better designed to disguise profile, and also tailored to the appropriate theatre of war.
- Author BiographyMartin J Brayley is a professional photographer and author, specializing in works on uniforms and militaria. He served in the armed forces for 24 years, and has a keen interest in all aspects of military history, particularly the uniforms and equipment of the 20th century. He is also a dedicated military researcher and collector and a regular contributor to the French magazine Militaria. He has had many books published by Crowood including The World War II Tommy - British Army Uniforms, Europe 1939-45 and Khaki Drill and Jungle Green - British Tropical Uniforms 1939-45.
- Author(s)Martin J. Brayley
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2009
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note400 colour photographs
- Weight622 g
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.