All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionWith new and revised essays throughout, Campaigns and Elections American Style provides a real education in practical campaign politics. In the fourth edition, academics and campaign professionals explain how campaign themes and strategies are developed and communicated, the changes in campaign tactics as a result of changing techlogy, new techniques to target and mobilize voters, the evolving landscape of campaign finance and election laws, and the increasing diversity of the role of media in elections. Offering a unique and careful mix of Democrat and Republican, academic and practitioner, and male and female campaign perspectives, this volume scrutinizes national and local-level campaigns with special focus on the 2012 presidential and congressional elections.Students, citizens, candidates, and campaign managers will learn t only how to win elections but also why it is imperative to do so in an ethical way. Perfect for a variety of courses in American government, this book is essential reading for political junkies of any stripe and serious students of campaigns and elections.
- Author BiographyJames A. Thurber is a Distinguished University Professor of Government and the Founder and Director of the centre for Congressional and Presidential Studies at American University in Washington, DC. Dr. Thurber is the author, coauthor, and editor of Obama In Office, Rivals for Power: Presidential-Congressional Relations, Campaign Warriors: Political Consultants in Elections, Crowded Airways: Campaign Advertising in Elections, The Battle for Congress: Consultants, Candidates, and Voters, Congress and the Internet, as well as numerous articles on Congress, campaigns and elections, and interest groups and lobbying.Candice J. Nelson is Professor and Chair of the Department of Government, and academic director of the Campaign Management Institute at American University. She is the author of Grant Park: The Democratization of Presidential Elections: 1968-2008, coauthor of Vital Signs: Perspective on the Health of American Campaigning, The Money Chase: Congressional Campaign Finance Reform, and The Myth of the Independent Voter.
- Author(s)Candice J. Nelson,James A. Thurber
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleTransforming American Politics
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.