Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionReads like a cross between I Capture the Castle and Love, Nina . (Cathy Rentzenbrink, Bookseller). Life is full of terrible things. Ghosts of dead relatives, heartbreak ...burnt toast. In 1987, Sue Bowl's world changes for ever. Her mother dies, leaving her feeling like she's lost a vital part of herself. And then her father shacks up with an awful golddigger called Ivana. But Sue's mother always told her to make the most of what she's got - and what she's got is a love of writing and some interesting relatives. So Sue moves to her Aunt Coral's crumbling ancestral home, Green Place, along with a growing bunch of oddballs and eccentrics. Not to mention the odd badger or two...There she fully intends to write a book, fall in love, and learn to live decadently. Campari for Breakfast is a heart-warming, eccentric vel that joins the ranks of great British coming-of-age vels such as Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle and Nancy Mitford's The Pursuit of Love.
- Author BiographySara Crowe is best known as an actress. She has appeared on television, stage and film, including the iconic Four Weddings and a Funeral. She has won the Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actress, the Variety Club Best Actress Award and the London Critics Circle Theatre Award for Most Promising Newcomer. Sara's West End appearances include Private Lives, Calendar Girls and Hay Fever. She has also toured with Acorn Antiques: the Musical, and appeared in The City Madam for the Royal Shakespeare Company. Campari for Breakfast is Sara's first novel, inspired by a crumbling old house and a love of English eccentricity. She began writing as a child and has also written comedy sketches for television and stand-up. But in the tradition of late developers' she recently re-opened the notebooks of yesteryear and some of the characters climbed out.
- Author(s)Sara Crowe
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date29/07/2015
- Weight437 g
- Width143 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.