Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections, Global Edition by Jane B. Reece, Eric J. Simon, Martha R. Taylor, Jean L. Dickey (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ivantage7778
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by amsralck
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended for n-majors or mixed biology courses. Soar to New Heights with Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections! Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections continues to introduce pedagogical invations, which motivate students t only to learn, but also engage with biology. The Eighth Edition of this market-leading book builds on its hallmarks of accuracy, currency, and a dedication to revolutionizing teaching and learning solutions. This thorough revision focuses on providing instructors with the resources needed to invigorate the course and gives students the tools they need to succeed. This edition includes many new key figures to help students better visualize tough topics, while an increased emphasis on scientific thinking equips students to leave the course thinking like scientists. * This program presents a teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Engage in biology and make important connections between concepts and unifying themes: Immerse students in the world of biology, so they understand the connections across biological concepts. *Focus on scientific thinking: Encourage students to think like scientists and develop scientific reasoning and literacy skills with new Scientific Thinking Modules and more. *Maximize learning and success: Give students the tools they need to become skilled at learning and understanding course material.
- Author BiographyJane B. Reece has worked in biology publishing since 1978, when she joined the editorial staff of Benjamin Cummings. Her education includes an A.B. in biology from Harvard University (where she was initially a philosophy major), an M.S. in microbiology from Rutgers University, and a Ph.D. in bacteriology from the University of California, Berkeley. At UC Berkeley and later as a postdoctoral fellow in genetics at Stanford University, her research focused on genetic recombination in bacteria. Dr. Reece taught biology at Middlesex County College (New Jersey) and Queensborough Community College (New York). During her 12 years as an editor at Benjamin Cummings, she played a major role in a number of successful textbooks. She is lead author of Campbell Biology and co-author of Campbell Essential Biology and Campbell Essential Biology with Physiology. Martha R. Taylor has been teaching biology for over 35 years. She earned her B.A. in biology from Gettysburg College and her M.S. and Ph.D. in science education from Cornell University. She was assistant director of the Office of Instructional Support at Cornell for seven years. She has taught introductory biology for both majors and non-majors at Cornell University and is currently a lecturer in the Learning Strategies Center teaching supplemental biology courses. Based on her experiences working with students in classrooms, laboratories, and tutorials, Dr. Taylor is committed to helping students create their own knowledge of and appreciation for biology. She has been the author of the Student Study Guide for all nine editions of Campbell Biology. Eric J. Simon is an associate professor in the Department of Biology and Health Science at New England College in Henniker, New Hampshire. He teaches introductory biology to science majors and non-science majors, as well as upper-level courses in genetics, microbiology, tropical marine biology, and molecular biology. Dr. Simon received a B.A. in biology and computer science and an M.A. in biology from Wesleyan University and a Ph.D. in biochemistry from Harvard University. His research focuses on innovative ways to use technology to improve teaching and learning in the science classroom, particularly for non-science majors. Dr. Simon is the lead author of Campbell Essential Biology and Campbell Essential Biology with Physiology. Jean L. Dickey is a professor of biology at Clemson University. She had no idea that science was interesting until her senior year in high school, when a scheduling problem landed her in an advanced biology course. Abandoning plans to study English or foreign languages, she enrolled in Kent State University as a biology major. After receiving her B.S. in biology, she went on to earn a Ph.D. in ecology and evolution from Purdue University. Since joining the faculty at Clemson in 1984, Dr. Dickey has specialized in teaching non-science majors, including a course designed for pre-service elementary teachers and workshops for in-service teachers. She also developed an investigative laboratory curriculum for general biology. Dr. Dickey is author of Laboratory Investigations for Biology and co-author of Campbell Essential Biology and Campbell Essential Biology with Physiology.
- Author(s)Eric J. Simon,Jane B. Reece,Jean L. Dickey,Martha R. Taylor
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Weight1794 g
- Width228 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.