Campus Recreation: Essentials for the Professional by National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (Us), NIRSA (Microfilm, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $112.75+ postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- Description<p>In Campus Recreation: Essentials for the Professional, 29 contributing National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) authors share their expertise on all facets of campus recreation, including foundational theories, programming, facilities, and management issues.<p> Campus Recreation: Essentials for the Professional also features a CD-ROM that includes worksheets, forms, and checklists to help new professionals in their day-to-day responsibilities in recreation programming and administration. A glossary of terms helps readers to retain the important points of each chapter.<p>In part I, readers learn about the philosophies and theories of student development and how recreation contributes to that development. They also explore the history of campus recreation and of NIRSA, which provides students and professionals with lifelong learning opportunities. Part II focuses on programming and facilities. Readers will discover how to plan, implement, and assess a variety of areas, including aquatics, intramural sports, sport clubs, instructional programs, outdoor recreation, and fitness and wellness. Readers will also become familiar with standard indoor and outdoor facility offerings and structures.<p>In part III, readers explore more advanced functions that delve into managerial areas, including writing a business plan, carrying out a marketing plan, understanding risk management issues, and assessing programs. Part IV covers professional aspects of campus recreation, including ethical issues, sustainability, careers in campus recreation, and professional standards.<p>With its expansive coverage, the expertise provided by the many NIRSA contributors, and its practical approach, Campus Recreation: Essentials for the Professional will help entry-level and preprofessionals prepare for a successful career in campus recreation.
- Author Biography<p>The National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) is the leading resource for professional and student development, education, and research in collegiate recreational sports. Headquartered in Corvallis, Oregon, NIRSA was established in 1950 at a meeting of 22 African American men and women from 11 Historically Black Colleges and Universities at Dillard University. NIRSA now has nearly 4,000 highly trained professional, student, and associate members throughout the United States, Canada, and other countries. NIRSA members serve an estimated 5.5 million students who regularly participate in campus recreational sport programs. NIRSA's mission is to provide for the education and development of its members and to foster effective recreational programs, facilities, and services for diverse populations. The association's commitment to excellence is shown in its use of resources that promote ethical and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Author(s)NIRSA,National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (Us)
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication03/01/2008
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1170 g
- Width220 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.