All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is ear wax for? Do bacteria have sex? How do they put stripes in toothpaste? Does your se run in space? What are stars made of? This book answers those tantalising or perplexing questions for which you thought you'd never find an answer. A book for the naturally curious, as well as those seekers after scientific truths, it unravels both those things we take for granted, such as, when you boil an egg, why does the yolk stay in the middle, or why is the sky blue, as well as questions which probe deeply, such as, what does an atom look like, or what was there before the beginning of time? If you were to write in the dust on the moon, how big would the letters have to be so you could see them from earth without a telescope? Drawing on the expertise of a team of enthusiastic scientists around the world, authoritative, entertaining, and often a touch humorous, it will appeal to anyone who's ever been curious about life on earth.
- Author BiographyPaul Heiney is a well-known writer, broadcaster and journalist. He writes features and reviews for The Times and is also the author of several books, among them Pulling Punches, Home Farm, two novels, and The Nuts and Bolts of Life.
- Author(s)Paul Heiney
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note50 black and white illustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- 2011mogz5613 Oct, 2011by
Capturing and illuminating.
I have borrowed this book previously and enjoyed it so much that I had to buy it! It answered questions I have wondered since childhood. It's very easy to read and you'll never want to put it down!
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.