All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Global Financial Crisis overturned decades of received wisdom on how financial markets work, and how best to keep them in check. Since then a wave of reform and re-regulation has crashed over banks and markets. Financial firms are regulated as never before. But have these measures been successful, and do they go far eugh? In this smart new polemic, former central banker and financial regulator, Howard Davies, responds with a resounding . The problems at the heart of the financial crisis remain. There is still effective co-ordination of international monetary policy. The financial sector is still too big and, far from protecting the ecomy and the tax payer, recent government legislation is exposing both to even greater risk. To address these key challenges, Davies offers a radical alternative manifesto of reforms to restore market discipline and create a safer ecomic future for us all.
- Author BiographySir Howard Davies currently teaches courses on the regulation of financial markets at Sciences Po. He is the former director of the London School of Economics, and the ex-chairman of the UK s Financial Services Authority. He is the author of a numebr of books and writes regularly for the Financial Times.
- Author(s)Howard Davies
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleGlobal Futures
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.