All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, this book brings together three controversial topics: homogeneous grouping of students within classrooms by ability or achievement criteria, tracking of students into courses of study by the same criteria, and retention of students in their present grade so that they repeat a year's work instead of being promoted. The editors solicited syntheses of research on these topics from outstanding scholars with a variety of views. Initial versions of the chapters were discussed at a national invitational conference sponsored by the Laboratory for Student Success, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Educational Laboratory, at Temple University Center for Research in Human Development and Education (CRHDE) through a contract with the former Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), w the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education. At the conference, the chapter authors benefited from discussions with one ather, other scholars, policymakers, educators, and parents. Their recommendations are reported in the last chapter.
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleResearch in Educational Productivity S.
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight321 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byArthur J. Reynolds,Herbert J. Walberg,Margaret C. Wang
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.