All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReal kids make a real difference in their communities in this vibrantly photographed chronicle by George Ancona. George Ancona celebrates the joy of kids giving back. In one after-school program, middle-school students mentor and tutor younger children. Via a special partnership, schoolchildren help professionals train assistance dogs for people with disabilities. At a community farm, families plant, grow, and harvest produce for soup kitchens and charities. In these and other examples of volunteering, kids of all ages work together knitting hats and scarves for those who could use warm clothes, packing hot meals to deliver to housebound people, and keeping roadways clean. Young humanitarians reading these accounts may well be inspired to find ways that they can help, too.
- Author BiographyGeorge Ancona is the award-winning author and photographer of more than one hundred books for children, many about culture and the arts. Most recently he wrote and photographed It s Our Garden: From Seeds to Harvest in a School Garden. George Ancona lives in New Mexico.
- Author(s)George Ancona
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width274 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)George Ancona
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.82Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.88Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.11Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.