All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe sixth edition of Canadian Politics offers a comprehensive introduction to Canadian government and politics by a highly respected group of political scientists. For this edition, the editors have organized the book into six parts. Part I examines Canadian citizenship and political identities, while Parts II and III deal with Canadian political institutions, including Aboriginal governments, and contain new chapters on the public service and Quebec. Parts IV and V shift the focus to the political process, discussing issues pertaining to culture and values, parties and elections, media, groups, movements, gender, and diversity. The chapters on Parliament, bureaucracy, political culture, political communications, social movements, and media are new to this edition. Finally, three chapters in the last section of the book analyze components of Canadian politics that have been gaining prominence during the last decade: the effects of globalization, the shifting ground of Canadian-American relations, and the place of Canada in the changing world order. Of the 21 chapters in this edition, 9 are new and the remainder have been thoroughly revised and updated.
- Author BiographyJames Bickerton is Professor of Political Science at St. Francis Xavier University. His books include, as author, Nova Scotia, Ottawa and the Politics of Regional Development; as co-author, Ties That Bind: Parties and Voters in Canada and Freedom, Equality, Community: The Political Philosophy of Six Influential Canadians; and most recently, as co-editor, Governing: Essays in Honour of Donald J. Savoie. Alain-G. Gagnon holds the Canada Research Chair in Qu bec and Canadian Studies at the Universit du Qu bec Montr al. His most recent books include, as author, The Case for Multinational Federalism and Minority Nations in the Age of Uncertainty; as co-author, Federalism, Citizenship, and Quebec; and, as co-editor, Federal Democracies as well as Political Autonomy and Divided Societies and Multinational Federalism.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAlain G. Gagnon,James Bickerton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.