Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe only hope this illiterate riverman had, his prize mules were stolen sending Canady Holmes on a historical journey on paddle wheelers, working on a plantation, and caught up in the Civil War. Enticements from a beautiful Mullato woman rattles his deep seated love for his wife. Conscription into the Civil War sidetracks this loner causing encounters with Dwight L. Moody at the infamous Camp Douglas in Chicago.
- Author BiographyTonya Holmes Shook was born in Oklahoma and lived in New Mexico and Texas before returning to Oklahoma in 1985. She is author of Displaced Cherokee: Come Home, Come Home, a book documentary, The Drifters, a historicle fiction about Melungeon people, God's Breakfast Nook, Nonfiction, No Soft Place to Fall, Nonfiction and The Tabernacle in the Wilderness: A Portrait of Christ, co-authored with Frank L. Barnes. Beside writing Tonya is an oil painter, wool spinner and coordinator of author friendly book festivals.
- Author(s)Tonya Holmes Shook
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/04/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.