All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the days when inland waterways were used primarily for trade have passed, there remains afloat today a great variety of boats that once carried cargoes. This book is mainly an introduction to narrowboats but it also covers wider canal craft and will act as a guide to those who want to search ut the heritage of the working canals. The illustrations include photographs of boats on the inland waterways today as well as others that show some of the techniques of canal boating and chronicle some of the groups who work to preserve craft and use them for education, pleasure and trade. Older photographs show the working boats against the background of industry and the historic canals. There is a section listing all kinds of contacts, museums and societies, which will help the reader search out craft around the waterways.
- Author BiographyTony Conder has been involved with inland waterways since his parents first took him for walks beside the Wey Navigation. For twenty-five years he was Curator of the British Waterways Collection. Initially he was based at Stoke Bruerne, from where he collected objects from all over the canal system. In 1988 he opened the National Waterways Museum at Gloucester and in 1999 became Curator to the Waterways Trust, taking the collection to national designated status.
- Author(s)Tony Condor
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Series TitleShire Album S.
- Series Part/Volume Number427
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w Illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.