All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionCancer, which has become the second-most prevalent health issue globally, is essentially a malfunction of cell signaling. Understanding how the intricate signaling networks of cells and tissues allow cancer to thrive - and how they can be turned into potent weapons against it - is the key to managing cancer in the clinic and improving the outcome of cancer therapies. In their ground-breaking textbook, the authors provide a compelling story of how cancer works on the molecular level, and how targeted therapies using kinase inhibitors and other modulators of signaling pathways can contain and eventually cure it. The first part of the book gives an introduction into the cell and molecular biology of cancer, focusing on the key mechanisms of cancer formation. The second part of the book introduces the main signaling transduction mechanisms responsible for carcigenesis and compares their function in healthy versus cancer cells. In contrast to the complexity of its topic, the text is easy to read. 32 specially prepared teaching videos on key concepts and pathways in cancer signaling are available online.
- Author BiographyChristoph Wagener is Professor of Clinical Biochemistry and former director of the Institute of Clinical Chemistry at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany. His areas of research are the interaction of tumor cells with their microenvironment, and molecular approaches to tumor diagnosis. Professor Wagener has authored more than 100 original scientific publications, 15 scientific reviews and 13 book chapters. Together with Oliver Muller, he published the text book 'Molekulare Onkologie' and the 'Onkoview Videos', which can be viewed on YouTube. Book and videos have received excellent reviews from readers and viewers. Carol Stocking is Head of the Research Group Retroviral Pathogenesis at the Heinrich-Pette-Institute, Leibniz Institute for Experimental Virology in Hamburg, Germany. She is a highly regarded expert in the field of leukemogenesis and hematology. Her areas of research are gene regulation, molecular control of differentiation, and hematopoietic stem cells. Dr. Stocking has authored more than 120 original publications in top international journals and 20 book chapters. Oliver Muller is Professor for Applied Life Sciences at the University for Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern, Germany. He holds academic degrees in both biochemistry and medicine. His areas of research are the intracellular signal transduction and the genes and proteins involved in carcinogenesis. Professor Muller is author of more than 80 original articles, 11 patents, 15 scientific reviews and 4 book chapters. His work was honoured by several science awards.
- Author(s)Carol Stocking,Christoph Wagener,Oliver Muller
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication05/10/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight760 g
- Width170 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.