All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn Canada over the past fifteen years, there has been a 39% rise in new cancer patients, necessitating the expansion of current oncological facilities. The population is getting older and larger, which in turn is translating into more cases of cancer. Other reports projecting cancer growth across different countries found similar results. With the prevalence of cancer expected to increase in the future, it is important to properly allocate resources towards cancer research to better serve the population. Patients with cancer continue to live longer; as such, more elderly individuals will live with cancer. In fact, cancer has been classified as a chronic illness alongside diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. This may translate to an increased demand for oncologists, specialist-trained nurses, diagstic services, cancer centres, cancer therapies and palliative care. More importantly, this will translate to an increased necessity for cancer research to decrease the mortality and morbidity associated with cancer while improving the quality of care.
- Author BiographyBreanne Lechner, MD(C) is a clinical research assistant in the Rapid Response Radiotherapy Program at the Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Canada and also a medical student at the University of Toronto. She was the recipient of the J Frank Brookfield Scholarship from the University of Waterloo in 2012 for excellence in biology. Joav Merrick, MD, MMedSci, DMSc, born and educated in Denmark is professor of pediatrics, child health and human development, Division of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus Campus, Jerusalem, Israel and Kentucky Childrens Hospital, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky United States and professor of public health at the Center for Healthy Development, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, United States, the medical director of the Health Services, Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, Jerusalem, the founder and director of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Israel.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight504 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byBreanne Lechner,Edward Chow,Marko B. Popovic,Nan Zhang,Natalie Pulenzas,Professor Joav Merrick,Ronald Chow,Xiaojing Zhang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.