All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionCancer Stem Cells covers a wide range of topics in cancer stem cell biology, including the functional characteristics of cancer stem cells and how they're generated, where they are localized, the means by which cancer stem cells can be targeted, and how cancer stem cells can be reprogrammed back to rmal tissue stem cells. Each chapter begins with a brief historical te and concept summary, followed by a description of the latest basic or clinical advance associated with the topic. Cancer Stem Cells builds systematically from coverage of the basic research stage to an advanced research level, from clinical relevance to therapeutic potential, and will be a valuable resource for professionals in the fields of cancer research and stem cell biology.
- Author BiographyDr. V.K. Rajasekhar, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., is a Senior Research Scientist at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York. His work with patient derived prostate cancer stem cell xenografts, a first study in renewable Biobanking of these clinically relevant cells, has garnered eclectic post-publication reviews. Dr. Rajasekhar has received competitive research awards from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany, and the Robert A. Welch Foundation, Texas. He has conducted research at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, University of California at Irvine, University of Freiburg in Germany, etc., and taught at the University of California, Irvine and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Dr. Rajasekhar has served as a peer reviewer for several journals, including Stem Cells, Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences USA, Journal of Molecular Biology, Journal of Cell Biology, Neoplasia, etc.
- Author(s)Vinagolu K. Rajasekhar
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1224 g
- Width183 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.