All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionCancer and the Kidney covers the challenging overlap area of nephrology and oncology. Kidney problems in cancer patients, and cancer that affects kidney patients, are both very real clinical issues in medicine. For example, cancer is a common complication of kidney transplantation, and up to half of all survivors of bone marrow transplant may develop chronic kidney disease. Since publication of the first edition in 2005, there have been many changes in this area. These include the recognition of chronic kidney disease after uninephrectomy for cancer, the occurrence of medication toxicities of the EGFR antagonists and of the VEGF antagonists, and changes in the approach to multiple myeloma. In this new edition, the primary authors cover diverse subjects in this area, ranging from assessment of kidney function, to paraneoplastic disorders, acquired cysts and native kidney cancers, and all points inbetween. Each chapter starts with a case study to ensure a practical focus, and there are numerous illustrations throughout. Specialists and trainees in nephrology and in oncology will find it a useful starting point and reference, as will physician assistants and nurse practitioners who work in these fields.
- Author BiographyThis book reflects Dr Cohen's active interest in the challenging overlap area of nephrology and oncology, deriving in turn from his interest and multiple studies of kidney disease after hematopoietic stem cell transplant ( bone marrow transplant ). He studied medicine at the Universite de Liege, in Belgium and is a member of the Central Society for Clinical Research, the American Society of Nephrology, the Societe Francophone de Dialyse, and the Radiation Research Society. His research bridges the clinic and the lab, bringing the best of each to the other.
- Author(s)Don Herrmann,J. David Spiceland,Wayne M. Thomas
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Clinical Nephrology Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Note62 black and white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEric P. Cohen
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.