All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionDiagsed with Hodgkin's lymphoma three weeks after his thirtieth birthday, Juan Alvarado Valdivia finds himself immersed in Cancerlandia-oncology appointments, waiting rooms, and chemotherapy infusions at San Francisco General Hospital. Afraid that the illness will destroy his fledgling relationship and writing aspirations, Alvarado Valdivia tries to lead a rmal life. He bikes three miles to his treatments while listening to heavy metal, attends writing workshops, and continues his hard-partying ways. When his girlfriend Paola ends their on-again, off-again relationship after a particularly troubling episode of binge drinking, he begins to ackwledge his anger and alcohol abuse. Comic and unsparing, !Cancerlandia! chronicles Alvarado Valdivia's journey as he t only fights to survive his personified adversary, Mr. Hodgkins, but also as he struggles with his own self-destructive spirit.
- Author BiographyJuan Alvarado Valdivia is a Peruvian American writer who was born in Guadalajara, Mexico. He received his MFA in creative writing from Saint Mary's College of California, USA. He lives in Oakland with his wife.
- Author(s)Juan Alvarado Valdivia
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note1 halftone
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.